Wednesday, April 25, 2012

COUNTDOWN : TOP 10 THINGS I WANT TO SEE IN THE NEW 52!!


  The New 52 have been out for a while and it has garnished a lot of attention and results. Yet, there are still things from the old DCU, Wildstorm and Milestone books that I would like to see pop up. Here are my list of the Top 10 things I want to see in the New 52.

by Frankie Rodriguez 


10 - STEPHANIE BROWN

     The Former Spoiler/Robin/Batgirl has been very much missed by fans since the New 52 began. She had a critically acclaimed series before the new 52 and people had just gotten used to her as Batgirl, being mentored by Barbara. But with Barbara back as Batgirl, Stephanie has not been seen . .. yet. Fans have clamored for both her and Cassandra Cain's return. Yet, it seems fans are speaking up louder for Stephanie. Will she return? DC says yes. I say ... it needs to be sooner than later.


9 - XOMBI

   David Kim had just come back about 7 months before the new 52. And it came back to much fan fare. Many of the original fans and new fans flocked to the book by John Rozum and Frasier Irving. What is even odder was that the book was a direct continuation of the original but with a time jump. With DC big on diversity and the Edge & Dark books doing so well (ie.Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Stormwatch) this book would fit right in. Heck. It does not need a reboot. Continue where it left off and fans would be happy.


8 - WILDCATS

    As much as Grifter is interesting and Voodoo is AWESOME, I still miss the rest of the team. Sure, I know that Warblade is gonna show up (as a villain) on Superboy and rumors are that Zealot is gonna appear soon, I'd love to see the WildCats come back together in the DCU in some fashion. I mean, where is Spartan? Where is Ladytron? Heck, Tao would make a great villain for not only the WildCats but for Batman and other members. I would just love to see the Cats back, maybe connected to an infamous DC company. Heck, Mr. Majestic and Savant would be welcome editions. I guess we will have to wait and see.


7 - STARMAN (other than Thom)

   I am sorry but we honestly can use a new Starman. I'd like to see a present day Starman. He's had such a great legacy. Whether it be one of the Knights or Mikaal, a Starman would be fighting and make a get edition to DC's cosmic universe or even Earth heroes. Mikaal had enjoyed some popularity before the New 52. It would be so much fun to see him in this new universe.



6 - L.E.G.I.O.N.

    Not R.E.B.E.L.S, L.E.G.I.O.N. Why? I know R.E.B.E.L.S. got cancelled but honestly, it just needed better promotion. And go back to calling it L.E.G.I.O.N.  We need to see Vril Dox in this universe to see how the bastard is doing. Plus, characters like Strata, Stealth, Captain Comet, Lady Quark, Adam Strange and more would all make a great collection of people in this book. To really tie in to the current DC cosmic landscape more, have one of the Lanterns join L.E.G.I.O.N. as well as possibly Lobo, who we have seen back.  Definitely a book that has a lot of potential.


5 -  ICON (& ROCKET)

    They just appeared on Young Justice. The title was the love child of the late great Dwayne McDuffie. A super powerful man on par with Superman who was also a lawyer can prove interesting in a day in age where Law & Order and spin offs were addictions for people for two decades. Apply it to the DCU, you have a book that can be versatile. Rocket always helped showed the way to Icon and vice versa. She is one of the strongest female characters that has ever been created and needs to be seen again. And with DC's objective to have diversity would make a great fit into this new world.



4 - SECRET SIX

    Suicide Squad is great and all but ... I want Secret Six back. I want Gail Simone writing it. I want Scandal Savage. I want Ragdoll. I want Catman being all bada**. And I want it now. Not tomorrow. Not in a year. NOW. Even with Bane, Deadshot and Harley not part of it, there are sooooooooo many characters that can be implemented into the Secret Six and make this team stand out in a new era. For the love, Simone made Bane cool again. Let her have her book back!!


3 - WALLY WEST

   There have been hints that Wally still exists. There have been drops that Wally will return. Yet, nothing. I want Wally West back. Sure, Barry is Flash and is awesome. Still, I want Wally there too. We need to see him. People love him. He doesn't need to be The Flash but bring him back. We still have Dick Grayson, we can do plenty with Wally. So much. Bring him back DC. Please. And if you bring him back, bring back ...



2 - DONNA TROY

    I know that Cassie got upgraded and Diana is now the daughter of Zeus. Zeus is a man-whore. Bring back Donna into the Wonder Woman mythos under Azzarello's control. We can make it interesting with Donna. She is such a beloved character that fans have asked about her as much as Wally West. Bring them both back would be amazing. Donna can always fulfill a new role in the DCU. I hope we get to see her.


1 - BLOOD SYNDICATE . . . & SNOWFLAME

  Yes. I could not choose between them or who I want more. So they both share the # 1 spot.

  Blood Syndicate was, without a doubt, one of my favorite books while growing up. It was my favorite Milestone book and I loved it cause it was so different. It was about a Super powered gang that was learning to survive in their world and keeping their turf  while being part of a bigger conspiracy. And you know what, they fight perfectly with the new 52. DC, you want Diversity ... this team is made up of so many nationalities that it makes the UN jealous. It can be gritty and dirty cause its about a gang so have it Teen +. Heck, if you can get the original writer Ivan Velez Jr. to write it and let him go off, that would be amazing. Even if not him writing it, allow the writers to let them play with this gang and the characters to build itself a new place in the DCU. I want this book ... NOW!


AND


 Snowflame was brought to my attention because of Linkara. A Super Villain powered by cocaine. Lord, what a glorious idea. Bring this man back. Make him an A Level threat. Let him being a cult figure like Brother Blood but more awesome. He is powered by cocaine; you can have everyone from Stormwatch to JLI to Superman to Batman fight this villain. He is insane. He looks like he's got a Santa suit. He's got super powers and he's powered by cocaine. He is EPIC! I WANT SNOWFLAME NOW!!!

  BOW DOWN BEFORE THE  SNOWFLAME. HE IS COOKOO FOR COCAINE!!!

Thanks To Linkara for producing such a fine video.


And these are what I like to see in the new 52. I enjoyed this list. How are you?


2 comments:

  1. HELLLLLLLL YEEAAHHHHHH. BLOOD SYNDICATE WAS THE SH*T. ONE OF THE ILLEST CONCEPTS OF ALL TIME A SUPER HERO GANG WHO WENT AROUND ROBBING AND KILLING CRIMINALS. THEN UNSURE ABOUT THEIR POWERS AFTER THE LOST OF THEIR OWN LEADER DUE TO A SIDE EFFECT FROM THE BIG BANG GAS. AWESOME. YEAH DCU52 NEEDS TO BRING THESE BOYS..AND GIRLS BACK. THEY'D FIT IN WELL WITH A CROSSOVER WITH THE RED HOOD SERIES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I love Blood Syndicate. It is one of my all time favorite books. And seeing them back might add well to the new 52. Hmm ...Red Hood/Blood Syndicate crossover .... I could definitely see that.

    ReplyDelete