Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cover of the Week #15

COVER OF THE WEEK #15: THIEF OF THIEVES #4

Cover by Shawn Martinbrough

CoW by Darryll "YTC" Carter 



































 YTC is here again folks, bringing you an all new CoW, Cover of the Week. This week is Thief of Thieves #4 and I have to say I really like the work on this cover.
I presently am working on the cover for my own comic book and really admire the title logo they use for this series. It is simple but gets the job done fashionably. It's really quite nifty and clever. Implementing the old phrase "caught red handed". Though I see on some of the other covers the color shifts depending on the illustration colors. This guy always seems to be caught in a silhouette and I love the mystery of that. His back is turned to us with the red and blue shining light of the police behind. The way the light shines off the ground is surreal. You can even see the cobblestones in the road. While the red panel at the bottom is interesting I think I would like the cover more without it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment