Monday, May 20, 2013

Match of the Month #2: Cruiserweight Battle Royal

Welcome back to your favorite monthly article: Match of the Month where I take a look at matches that aren't exactly the most well known. Last month I showed you a match from a local indy company and now a battle royal from WCW. While it IS a match from a very well known company, I still believe that this match isn't referenced enough for how good it truly is.

First, the intro. Chris Jericho's introduction of every wrestler in this match is hilarious. He finds a way of making fun the wrestlers without burying them (at least for the ones that mattered) and I could watch it over and over and over again.

Next is the commentary. This is one of the rare moments where WCW's team of Schiavone, Heenan, and Tenay gelled. If you know the behind the scenes of this team, then you know how much they detested Tony, but that's neither here nor there. The point is, the commentary is quite good..

Finally, the ending. I won't spoil it for you, but it's one of the biggest pops I've ever heard. If we could get reactions like this more often, WWE would be more enjoyable, but I guess I'll stick to TNA and the indies for consistently good crowds.

With all of that said, here's the match I've hyped up to unrealistic proportions:


PART 1: PART 2:

No comments:

Post a Comment