Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Golden Ani-Versary of Anime

So for those not aware, 2013 is the 50th anniversary of televised anime, having started in 1963 with Tetsuwan Atom, aka Astro Boy. In recognition of this landmark, Geoff Tebbets started the Golden Ani-versary blog (which you can find here). A lot of talented writers have contributed to the blog, each of them taking a year of anime and talking about what made that year in anime special. Currently, the blog has reached 1997. Oh, and I may have contributed to the blog in some way. You might want to go read it here.

Also, update on my upcoming articles for the blog. Crunching the Numbers is coming out, but I've been thinking of changing the format, plus I've got some other projects I want to work on. I'll probably put out the last Crunching the Numbers when the Spring season ends, and when the Summer season starts, I'll be replacing it with a brand new title. Don't worry, I'll still be covering current anime, but the format will be different. Thanks for being patient with me, and keep reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment