Wednesday, July 17, 2013

DaWaRou Posts: Nurarihyon no Mago to get spin off manga!

Once again, I need to start this post off with an apology. I apologize to EVERYONE here at The Broken Infinite for not keeping up with my workload, even though I promised that I would from now on. If you read my post the last time I did this at the start then you already know what I'm going to say so I don't even need to say it at this point. Ladies and gentlemen, I'm John Cortez this is my 22nd post for...The Broken Infinite.

So...what're we talking about today? Well, I can tell you one thing, it's not a review. *GASP* "But...John Cortez," you ask, "what could you possibly do that's not a review of a series that you love wholeheartedly?! And most importantly...why?!"

The answer to this is simple. I'm covering a news story. Yeah, cause you know...shit actually happens in the anime/manga world other than fanservice. New series pop up, others end and in this case some get spin-offs. As to why I'm doing this, well first of all I need a change of pace so in trying to do a new post every week every other post will be a news story significant to the anime/manga world. Well not "significant" like...I don't know, "Naruto's ending in a month" but you know just things that happen that I have an opinion. In a weeks worth of news there has to be something that catches my eye and something last week did.

Nurarihyon no Mago is getting a spin-off series called Nurarihyon no Mago Gaiden ~Keikain Yobanashi~ Gankyū Shūshu-ki. The original series tells the story of Rikuo (that's an AWESOME name) Nura who is, believe it or not, the heir to a Yokai Yakuza (not sure if that's the best way to describe it BUT it always came off that way to me) and is himself 1/4 Yokai. His grandfather is the legendary Nurarihyon, the former Lord of Pandemonium and he wants to pass the title onto his quarter Yokai grandson, Rikuo who is determined to lead a normal human life. Needless to say, shit happens to change his mind rather quickly as Rikuo, being a quarter Yokai takes on a Yokai form only at night who has a much more confident and leader-like quality to him.

Now, I quite like Nurarihyon no Mago. I find it to be a mix between InuYasha and Katekyo Hitman Reborn, and a very decent and well thought out mix as well. It's nothing worth winning any awards for best creative idea or anything but it's entertaining and endearing and the art style...OH MY GOD THE ARTSTYLE! The manga's more...Ukiyoe esque artstyle fits very well with the series and I love it VERY much. So, imagine my surprise when I discover that after ending...about 8 months ago that it's getting a spin off series. There are PLENTY of other...more worth while series that I love DEARLY that I think deserve a spin off MUCH MORE than this series but it IS getting a spin off focusing on...Ryuji Kekain.


So...the guy with the black and white sense of morality, the guy who wants to kill EVERY YOKAI and the guy who's shown to be a pretty big dick in the original story is getting his own spinoff series...? I suppose the question is why? Why not do this for a more interesting character? Well, your guess is as good as mine. I'm John Cortez and...I'm not sure if I'll be reading the Ryuji spin off. DaWaRou~!

No comments:

Post a Comment