Thursday, August 1, 2013

DaWaRou Posts: Viz "Actively Negotiating" Rumiko Takahashi anime titles!!

What's up everyone! No point in idle chitchat, let's get straight to business. I'm John Cortez and this is my 23rd post for...The Broken Infinite.

So...it's funny how the things you complain about not having suddenly turn around and fall right into your arms. I'm sure everyone's had an experience of this happening to them in the past. Those times when you're moaning about not having any money and then you just happen to find the amount that you need or want. Well, today's news story is something like that only it applies to what I want! See, Viz Media is currently in "active negotiations" about two old series that were probably among the very first they dubbed, and one of which being one of my favorite series period Rumiko Takahashi's Ranma 1/2!
I'm not quite sure if anyone out there truly realizes how much I love and respect this series! I know that...it's really not as great as it could be had the series decided to keep going with the kind of ongoing plot it had for...what...eight volumes and three seasons but that's not to say that what came after those wasn't good in it's own way. The last arc of the manga was actually probably the best the series had been in a long time and I always liked how Ranma managed to mix comedy and action in a way that really really worked. It had a wide net of interesting characters all of which were strong enough to level the city in which they all lived in no time flat and it wasn't all just pointless filler, some of it was rife with character development! But sadly, the series has fallen out of print and Viz has lost their licence to it, which brings me back to my main point that Viz is negotiating to get the licence back along with that other Takahashi series I never really cared to watch called Maison Ikkoku.

Personally, I'm pretty excited and I really hope that Viz gets the licences back because I've been complaining for a LONG time about how Ranma was pretty much the first series that Viz ever dubbed but its' not available for legal streaming on their website with fellow Takahashi series InuYasha. Maybe Viz will eventually try their hand at licencing Urusei Yatsura...again...I think. Anyways, that's all folks! Here's hoping that all goes well! DaWaRou~!

No comments:

Post a Comment