Wednesday, March 7, 2012

COVER OF THE WEEK # 7

 COVER OF THE WEEK


by Darryll Carter 



NO PLACE LIKE HOME COVERS


Now, I am anxious to pick up this comic and I aim to buy it based solely off of the premise and the cover artwork that I have seen. I must say there is some nice artwork here. I’m talking about the covers for No Place Like Home #1.

I have seen three covers. I don’t know if they are variants or just prototypes, but of the three the one of above is definitely my favorite. Don’t get me wrong the others are great and in fact it was the bleeding rainbow cover that initially attracted me to the series. But the Surrender cover just speaks to me more. It has more spunk, more… appeal and generally it’s just a darker cover (visually not metaphorically). The deep green really helps bring out the black of her clothing and hair. Not to mention it supplements the green in her eyes. The crow feathers are a nice touch. They just speak, “this is no angel. And if it is she ain’t a good one.” It just speaks bad girl. Who doesn’t like bad girls? Especially when they come with black nail polish.











No comments:

Post a Comment